Physiotherapy - Gynaecology
The Women’s Health Physiotherapy team are based at the Portland Hospital for both outpatients and inpatients who are under gynaecology or urology services. We offer highly-specialised assessment and treatment for a variety of gynaecological and urological conditions. We recommend a 1:1 individual physiotherapy assessment to ensure you get the advice you need tailored for you specifically.
Our inpatient physiotherapy team are available daily to offer assistance and advice following any major gynaecology procedure.
BLADDER, BOWEL AND PELVIC CONDITIONS
Lots of women experience these types of issues in their lifetime; it is often considered to be a ‘normal’ factor of life, but we can still help to improve the situation. Our specialist outpatient physiotherapists can offer advice and a variety of treatments for the following issues:
- Urinary leakage on activities such as coughing, sneezing or lifting (stress incontinence)
- Difficulty controlling wind, bowel urgency, bowel control issues, difficulty with constipation or passing stool
- A heavy and / or uncomfortable feeling in the perineal or vaginal area (possible prolapse)
- Perineal discomfort, pain with sex
- Abdominal / vaginal discomfort following surgery
- Pelvic pain such as vulvodynia, endometriosis, adhesions
- Pre-and post-surgery e.g. hysterectomy, myomectomy
- Lower back or joint pain related to the menopause
- Safe exercise advice
- Advice on scar massage
For more information about our services or appointments, please contact The Portland Hospital Therapies Department on 0207 390 6553 and choose option 1 to book an appointment, or option 2 for enquiries. you can also Email