- To arrange an Outpatient appointment an appropriate Consultant Paediatrician, please call our Paediatric Outpatient department on: 020 7390 6504. There are also Orthopaedic Surgeons and General Surgeons on site each day and every effort will be made to provide an early appointment.
- Alternatively please visit our Find a Consultant page searching under the required area of Paediatrics e.g. Asthma. You can then make an appointment directly via the Consultant's secretary.
There is no Accident and Emergency department at The Portland Hospital, however our Urgent Referral Clinic is open on weekdays and Saturday mornings.
Patients may be referred to the hospital by one of the following methods:
- GP - your GP will refer you to a Consultant Paediatrician with admitting privileges at The Portland Hospital.
- Embassy - by sponsorship and referral by an Embassy. In this case a letter of guarantee is required.
- Consultant - a general Consultant Paediatrician may refer to a more specialised Paediatrician for further diagnosis and treatment.
For a patient who wishes to have a procedure or surgery at the hospital, they are usually referred to our Reservations department by their Consultant.
We have a Consultant Paediatrician on-call 24 hours a day for urgent treatment of medical conditions.